Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Recipe For Comfort and ......Butter ;)

I've never considered myself a "foodie" blogger, I have, however, an insatiable love of food itself, and have imagined and dreamed and plotted for years of creating my very own cookbook, a pregnancy at this juncture with no imminent birth! I love, recipes, particularly those delightfully simplistic ones that add captivating eye appeal to your buffet line up and are equally tantalizing to the taste buds, yet require minimum brain power or bodily movement! I love to cook, and bake, especially love to bake pies, pies of most any and all kind!! I love to create foods to entertain and socialize around! I confess I get weary of making dinners every night, some days there's just to much mental stimuli involved to hatch a decent meal, one that's pleasing to everyone's pallet, found at least a degree on the health meter, doesn't require the bulk of your entire day, doesn't leave your kitchen like a war zone and your feet swollen with the feeling of walking on a bed of nails! I love to party!! I love to gather dear souls around pretty dishes and teacups and dazzling dainties and marvelous munchies and connect hearts and lives amidst laughs and stories and tears and love! I love those nothing fancy down to earth, my peeps are coming over, throw on the pot of coffee, and dig out the paper ware, and freezer stash and random tossed together eats and hang out and hear each others hearts and catch up on life, and sharing and bearing the good the bad and ugly together heart moments that being blessed with besties give us in life! I love comfort!! and I love food that squeals and dances and dramatically sighs, comfort!! comfort food to me is all things, that while consuming, leaves me wanting to purr loudly, while sighing in pure contentment, food that speaks to my soul wrapping itself around my person like a warm blanket, a touch of home and peace, food that makes me want to dance and bathe myself in it simultaneously, food that, as my dear friend Sherry would say, causes you to quietly tune out the rest of the world while you create a relationship with it, excuse me a moment, please, said foodie and I are having a moment, if you don't mind!! did I mention I love to party??!! there just isn't anything quite like a party with , wait for it, ba-dum-shaaa.....COMFORT!!! I love having in home party shows. mine are from being majorly successful sometimes, but as much as I like earning free or discounted products, I just love offering an excuse to hang out with ladies and giving mamas a brief night off to focus on something other than grubby hands, snotty noses and their four-walls, or to refocus and step back and breath in a gulp of fresh air before hitting the ground running for another day in the mommy trenches. last night I had an in home LuLaRoe party with the beautiful and precious to me Collette Henry! this type of party was new to me, the dear Collette, a treasured soul of history! she was a loving, ever so gentle and caring cancer nurse of Devin's. He dearly loved her, wouldn't talk usually, but would ask me if Collette was his nurse that day and would beam with sheer joy whenever she was. Anyway, it was absolutely delightful to invite her to my humble abode and reconnect after 10 years, over the spectacular line of women's clothes she sells and of course a plethora of refreshments. sounds like an amazing party already doesn't it?? I mean, really ladies, foods, friends and shopping, all at one warm homey locale, what more of a therapy session does one need, all relationships in one fell swoop!! one thing I always seem to somehow not get right is the amount of munchies I make and serve, no matter how big or small the party I somehow could still manage to supply the neighborhood and all their shindigs for the remainder of the week!! I was told by several friends that I would fall in love with this particular line of clothing, they said, and I quote, "its all so COMFORTABLE!! the leggings, especially, they feel like, BUTTER, you'll just want to live in them!!"( perty sure there's a thing here ladies, ALOT of my COMFORT recipes contain BUTTER!!) I did fall in love with these garments! loved the maxi skirts!! never ever considered myself a leggings gal, I mean, just the visual of a whale in leggings didn't hold any real appeal, and the thought of swathing my cellulite in butter never occurred to me either!! and then.....I just let myself peer at them, and the peering, led to me caressing them......and I just wanted to clutch them tight to me and curl up with a good book or movie or ......my thumb!!! that was the beginning a blossoming relationship,, after that I had to try them on, along with a gorgeous oversized shirt that left all my mama induced extras well endowed and shielded from my party persons and no one could attest to being scarred for life, or unwittingly entertained, or screaming for new retinas to un-see what just blobbed in front of their eyeballs, and the result.......my thighs were ecstatic!! i'm pretty sure I heard them high five one another before breathing a sigh of pure contentment!! seriously though, no worries on me frightening your kiddos or causing you to lose your lunch, I plan to grace your presence in my newly acquired gorgeous maxi skirt and curl up in my butter, or leggings that is, in my own comfort zones!! along with all the apparel wonderfulness I had made a feast of party pickings, somehow I went all dippy, literally with 2 different dips and taco boats and crabby biscuit cups and an assortment of desserts, I found it all rather delightful, though my hubby rolls his eyeballs at having leftovers for daze!! so at the request of my peeps to put a recipe on here from last night I decided to do just that before I forget. sometimes I get in a kick to make something the world doesn't offer, or I can't find the right taste bud tickling recipe for, or at least one without a quadrillion steps so I put on my big girl apron and make it myself, or I come across a recipe that looks scrumptious but has a bit to many odd ingredients or unnecessary details and movements and I tweek to my approval, this is one such recipe. so without further ado here is one of those appetizers or party foods that makes your person exhale in pure unadulterated purring!!                       (p.s. it could be a good day to start a new relationship, to butter them legs, curl up with a plate of these and a movie and forget about the universe!! just saying!! ) 
for me, that's gonna have to wait, I'm off to continue laundry and proceed to filling my queenly domain with the comforting aroma and birth of 260 white chocolate truffle with raspberry frosted (can anyone say comfort?!?!) wedding cupcakes and 150 more of golden and chocolate with vanilla frosted wedding cupcakes!!


CRABBIE BISCUIT BITES


2 cans of Pillsbury flaky grand biscuits
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
3 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 onion finely chopped
2 cans (6oz) drained crabmeat
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup mozzarella cheese


preheat oven to 375 degrees
in a small bowl (I just did this using my kitchen aide mixer and bowl) combine all ingredients except crab and biscuits. mix well, gently fold in crab. peel biscuits into 3 layers, press each one into greased tart/mini muffin cups, should make 40-46 cups, divide filling into cups, sprinkle tops with 2/3 cups cheese, bake 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden, allow to cool 5 minutes, place on plate and enjoy!!
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh comfort!!
may each of your day be filled with sunshine and butter, umm, blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment