Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'd Do It All Over Again!!

today 15 years ago i married my best friend!! it has been a roller coaster ride unlike any i've ever known or dreamed of experiencing!! there have been many unexpected bumps and curves along the way and in a few of those times my head screamed jump off!! but when i stopped and thought about it and really pondered the whole trip asking myself if i would have known then all i know now would i still choose the same path for  my life, with the same man, for 15 years and counting???? and i knew in my heart it's a ride i'm buckled in and ready for, no matter what tunnel were asked to go through or mountain looming before us we have to climb, and the only man i want strapped in the seat beside me is the one thats been my best friend for these last amazingly terribly beautiful 15 years!!
i always loved the time of our anniversary and remembering the gorgeous fall day we joined our hearts and lives surrounded by family and friends, but 5 years ago it became bittersweet as we were celebrating our 10th we were also bringing our 5 yr. old son home to die. so once again we were blessed by being surrounded with family and friends only it was a celebration of immense differances, that time we were celebrating the 5 years we were blessed with in Devin, and we were also celebrating the fact that he was soon to be pain free, cancer free in Jesus arms. its ironic how in the midst of celebrations tears come, i remember crying when it hit me after our vowells that i was indeed finaly married to the man of my dreams, those were happy tears! and in the midst of tremendous relief and happiness that soon Devin would be healed and home the tears were flowing for all we would let go and go on with out. but in spite of the bittersweetness our day has turned into over the years, i thank God for the wonderful soulmate he has given me to lean on, through the sadness, the celebrations, the goodbyes, and quiet moments of just being together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment