Sunday, March 10, 2019

Cancer Treatment #3, journal continued......

February 1-2, 2019 I am still amazed every time I get another package or note of encouragement out of the blue from someone I've known over the years or I know through a mutual friend or acquaintance or someone that's new to me but felt led to reach out after hearing my story. I find it very comforting to think that there is still genuinely caring loving people all across the earth that are not only ok with feeling for another soul and what they are facing but then also reach out to let them know! My mailbox has been daily filled with notes of love and encouragement and blessings and prayers, it renews in my mind every time I hold and open another gesture of caring from someone to be that in tune to others and what they are facing to return the kindness and pass on my own thoughts and prayers to the next person going through life battles, and to not just sigh and exclaim how we feel bad and wish we could fix or take the pain away but to actively reach out and let them know they are being carried. one day my mail held a surprise box of wonderful support and care products from Cordell and Beth Druist, it was filled with breast cancer logo comforts all accented in breast cancer pinks, fuzzy yummy socks and blanket and water-bottle that has become my new favorite, and it made me smile and felt like I was given a hug, a hug from 2 people that also have walked this ugly path and are a testament of perseverance and courage and to not give up through the ugliness of this disease!
I was feeling good enough to ride along with hubby to shovel off snow from his jobsite. Ava wanted to go along and help too, so it was fun to sit and relax in the car while watching them! Ava wanted fries, so we stopped for a rare McDonalds date with her before stopping by Rod and Laura's on our way home. was great to catch up a tiny bit with a dear friend. Laura had a variety of hats for me to add to my collection, they were adorable, my head hasn't stopped smoking enough yet to enjoy my hats very much, but they just make me happy every time I look at them, there is one for every event and mood!! 

February 11, 2019 today was a snow day for Ava and fortunately for her best friend Josie too, so Paula came up for the day so we could be together, she brought lunch along for us gals and so very kindly brought a delicious pot pie for supper!! 
February 12, 2019 as much I don't like the idea of more snow make up days , today I was thankful for the snow day, it meant that Glen was home and able to chauffer me and Ava to her oral dentist surgery appointment and that in the end she wasn't absent for school because of it. She did amazing at getting put out and having 5 teeth surgically removed!!! she had no anxiety or fears and not a single tear, she was smiling and jolly when she went in and the same when she came out. we were done and on our way home in record time!! 
February 13, 2019 today my dear friend and Sunday school teacher Goldie came and spent awhile with me bringing with her the most amazing comfort soup and other goodies!! was so nice to have a an hour or two to sit and chat life stuff, the encouragement was healing and the company so treasured!!  

February 14, 2019 Happy Valentines Day To Me!!! today is treatment number 3 and my dear brother took me!! we had a fairly early appointment today, had to be there by 7:40, Mar came and dropped off  Rosene and Isabella here at the house to spend the day with Emily and Ava, while we went for treatment, it worked out great with Ava having off school. Rosene so kindly treated them to lunch out too! My Dr. is very thrilled with how the tumors are shrinking and responding!! she wasn't real thrilled about me taking some of my own measures to get rid of the hemorrhoid issue cause she hasn't researched the effects against chemo etc. but in the end she sent me home with the consent to continue doing what I'm doing if I'm finding relief with it. felt like an answer to prayer that she was willing to be open minded and workable. was so glad to have Mar with me to meet with the genetic counselor too, it's so much more relaxing to listen to all the info pouring in when you know there is another set of ears gathering details and another mind to help process and ask questions. I hate that the genetic part has to be involved at all, it understandably creates some anxiety in the family, all the what ifs and unknowns, we both came away however feeling like maybe the mountain wasn't quite so high and the terror of it all not so dark, and while it's not ok and it all makes me sad and yes rather angry, it was helpful to hear everything she shared! When it was over and done and we were discharged, my dear brother treated me to a fabulous Chinese lunch out. we stopped at Wegmans on our way home for a couple groceries and some valentine treats for the kiddos. I got home and was surprised with a gorgeous bouquet of 2 dozen red roses and a teddy bear from my sweetheart of goin on 23 years!! Valentines day 1995 He asked me out, 1 year later He proposed!!  



February 17, 2019 went to church this morning, was blessed with a variety of freezer meals, that is so amazingly helpful and treasured!! dear Katrina had a care package of her amazing home made lotions and potions and soaps in my mailbox along with love and encouragement, so needed that hug!! this evening Wayne and Miriam, our dear local side kicks brought over supper and hung out for awhile and we were blessed with a visit from Glen's brother Mervin and Vera too!! 
February 19, 2019 Dear Paula came and spent awhile with me as I laid on the couch, her and her family made quite a few meals for our freezer, that is such a huge blessing, I know I have a16 year old but with a part time job and school and already some added responsibilities to her plate this takes a load off of both of us and the men coming home from a long day at work are still getting great food and full bellies!! Paula so kindly did some cleaning while she was here too and her lovely mama gifted me a BE. YOU. TIFUL sign, I just love it, and I keep it where I can see it to remind me that even when I don't look normal or feel like it, I still am!! Got a surprise note and gift card for lunch out in my mailbox from my Montana Jo, totally made my day!! another dear friend Lisa that has also walked through tremendous pain of losing her hubby and then has also walked the cancer road with her son sent me love in the mail and encouragement along with a worship CD, the very CD that has the song from my shave day on it, it is absolutely beautiful and so uplifting. also got another lovely encouraging note from another Montana Joann, made me thankful again for her and her care of my Brandon while he was out there working for them a year ago.  my neighbor lady Pam from one road over popped in with home made bread and meatballs!! I am so amazed, not sure why, it's who my God is, but it leaves me in awe every time how He faithfully takes care of us and sends His servants to lift up and cheer on!! my dear Cousin Jenn came again and spent sometime here with Mr. Oliver, so fun to sit and chat and to get in some lil boy snuggles! my mama also popped over with a fabulous batch of seafood chowder and a short visit, was so special to see her and catch up a tiny bit! Ava came home from school with a devotional book gifted to me from her dear teacher.
February 26, 2019 was feeling great today so spent the evening with my Miriam celebrating her and her birthday!! we went out to Duke's then did a bit of shopping before ending the evening with a stop at Sweet Frog!! the last 2 years her and I and our friend Karen have spent a week at Hilton Head together over this time, we were planning to do it again until my life went haywire, so it was special to be feeling good enough after the previous rough week.  
well must put lunch in the oven, Glen took the girls and went to church. Brandon just got in at 6ish this morning with his darling and they are both snoozing at the moment, will post my 4th chemo treatment on my next update......love and blessings to all and a huge thankyou for lack of something better, for all the love, prayers support and encouragement sent our way, we are so very grateful and blessed! GOD IS IN HER, SHE WILL NOT FALL!!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment