Saturday, January 26, 2019

Cancer...........


December 26, 2018 today Laronda gets in for 2 weeks, is so exciting to have her back with us and Brandon smiling from ear to ear!! Young love is so beautiful to watch and they are both such a treasure!!
December 31, 2018 this evening was our yearly New Year’s Eve party with our local besties Wayne and Miriam Jones and Jerry and Amanda Jones and Karen weaver. We had a great time as usual with a lot of game playing, laughter and of course excellent food!!
January 1, 2019 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! I am starting the year out in peace and full of hope!! I’m a firm believer in whispers from God and nudges from heaven coming in many forms and are often everywhere we look if we just take the time to look!! I did a couple of those fun little facebook games on what is your word for the year or what country song speaks your life etc and I had to smile cause I felt like God was even sending me reassuring messages and signs of His faithfulness and guidance even in those. My word of the year is.....COURAGE!!! Hmmmm how very appropriate, how very like God to remind me that though the path may be difficult, with Him I can do this!! Another one I did was a word search and the first three words that you see are the good things in store for 2019, I got.....wait for it.....love, healing and....good sex!!! 😜ðŸĪŠ ummmmm, sure thank you very much, i’ll Giggle and still claim them all!! But especially the HEALING!! And in all that I saw God’s humor and reassurance that no matter how bumpy and rough this could be He wants healing for me!! the one I did on my 2019 predictions was pretty cool to, there my word was JOY, and I thought that so fit the desire of my heart in fighting this nasty disease, that I could fight this filled with courage and hope and be joyful even through the pain or changes or flat on the couch days. My 2019 surprise was getting a daughter and I loved that cause in April when my firstborn marries the love of his life i’ll Be getting just that, another beautiful daughter!! June 25 is my day of good things, hmmmmm I’m not superstious or anything like that but if I can get most of my treatments and surgeries outta the way June 25 will be close to summer and vacations and family time and that sounds like good things to me!! The song that best suits my life was....STAYIN ALIVE by the BEEGEES. Hmmmm ya think??!! Well, that’s what I plan to do with the love and support of a lot of good people and my Heavenly Father’s help!! My 2019 quote ........ DON’T CHANGE SO PEOPLE WILL LIKE YOU, BE YOURSELF AND THE RIGHT PEOPLE WILL LOVE THE REAL YOU!!!! That...... I love that and I wanna do better at doing just that very thing!!! My country song.......God Bless The Broken Road by the Rascal Flatts...... there’s a lot of truth in that, one of the phrases in that song is God bless the broken road that led me straight to you......and there have been many a broken road in our lives that have led us straight to the feet of Jesus cause that was the only place where relief and help and hope was every second of the painful journey and there was so many times the broken roads of of our life have led us straight to life long friends and prayer warriors that are yet again stepping in and buoying us up!! There has been without fail, every day since diagnosis, when either I pop on social media for a few minutes, or turn on WORDFM that the right song will be playing for what I need mentally at that moment or the perfect devotional thought or encouraging message will be there lifting me up, that, is not a coincidence, that is My God, sending me messages of love and assurance and hope!!
This evening was the Diem sides Christmas Day, was so enjoyable to be with family!!
I feel like the waiting on doctors and appointment scheduling is eternal, have to bring my mind in check against panic that nothing seems to be moving forward and meantime this ugly monster is still in there and growing. The appointment for Friday to meet the Breast Surgeon Dr. Luu feels very far away. I was having a bit of a meltdown to hubby about all of it and how do we decide what treatment plan to do and should we look into other stuff and what if we make the wrong one, he being the calm and steady gently assured me that we will figure this out and that I need to do my best to remain positive and only live in this moment and not borrow any other moments till they arrive, then he preceded to do some digging into and researching other treatments and locations etc. the next morning he came downstairs and said this is what we are going to do and calmly and confidently laid out what he feels we need to do and the next steps that need taken including I should call the breast care navigator and tell her our decision and find out what the next step is. My dear man doesn’t say much or say it quickly and impulsively but when he’s thoroughly thought through something and comes to a decision I know his heart is behind it!! So as soon as I knew office hours were in session I got on the phone and relayed what we decided then went back to waiting for schedules and appointments!! Will be back later.....off for some leg stretches, grapeseed capsules and fresh air!! 😘

1 comment:

  1. Love following along with you friend!! We are praying you through this and you are going to be throw this before you know it!! Love and prayers! The Martin’s

    ReplyDelete