Friday, January 18, 2019

Cancer....continued

December 11,2018 I broke the news to family and a few more friends, the support and prayers are priceless!!!
December 12, 2014 I worked today, the support there to is very encouraging!! came home to my dear sister in law Rosene dropping off a bouquet and hugs, feels so good to be thought about and assured of love and support over the hard stuff. tonight was Ava's school program, kind of exhausting to go and act like your minds on what's going on and stuff when it's numb, and how do you answer the age old question, hi, are you this evening??? we only told our family and closest friends so far cause we didn't have the biopsy and actual content, yes, this is that 98% diagnosis. so in answering the question i'd say i'm fine, cause at that moment, for that event, I was good, despite random brain stops at the what if stations.

December 14, 2018 Today was biopsy day at the Science Pavilion in Harrisburg. My dear, steady through the good, bad and ugly of life, bestie, Miriam, took me and my soul sister Susan met us there.
Unfortunately no one was allowed back with me but was comforting to know they were out there waiting and supporting me and I wasn't totally alone. The procedure took about an hour and a half. the nurse was the sweetest, so patient and kind and very helpful and accommodating. She wondered if I have any questions , I was like, uummm, yea!!!! So very many, but I'm not sure you can help me before we actually have results back!! she said, ask anything, it's ok, i'll do my best. so I started with, How bad does this look for me, any idea what we're dealing with? She said, THIS IS NOT A DEATH SENTENCE! and remember medicine has come along way, we are here to save lives, not lose them!! while I know the number of days we have to live are in God's hands, that was very comforting to me. she explained a lot of things to me then, like, since there are 2 lumps, more than likely they will recommend a mastectomy along with some treatment. she was very encouraging thru it all. Dr. Moser was wonderful, they numbed everything up really well, and except for a lot pulling and tugging and prodding it wasn't at all unbearable and I watched the procedure on their screen, I could see the needle going into the lump and also the tissue sample collecting, He was so apologetic and worried he was hurting me, I said honestly Dr. Moser, the most uncomfortable part of me right now is having my right around stretched high above my head at an awkward angle for 90 minutes, pretty sure when I go to move it its gonna flop like a dead fish!! He chuckled and apologized again. once everything was done and they put steri strips on and applied an ice pack I was good to go. afterwards we went to Panera for a bite to eat and to have girl talk, it was a fabulous lunch with exceptional company. as we were sitting there chatting a felt a person looking at me over the booth divider wall and when I looked up I lost all thought and literally felt my eyes bug and mouth drop, then I couldn't get Miriam to let me outta the booth fast enough, coming towards me was one of Devin's most favorite nurses from Hershey days 12 years ago, she had even gifted him his very own stethoscope. Miss Amanda and had a grand reunion, was so good to hug her, but when she asked how I was, it all came spilling out. we both knew then and there that a meeting at a time like this is not a coincidence, we both felt like we were given our hug and message from heaven and it was a confirmation that I was gonna make it thru this hard life stuff, that God places people and messages along the way for us when we need it most, right where we are at that moment.  
Miriam and I left then and did some Christmas shopping and ate comfort food of Auntie Anne's pretzels and just tried to forget about the looming ugly and concentrate on friendships and memories that last. am so beyond thankful for those life time friends that are willing to walk yet again a hard path with us, God knew back when He put us on each others path that we would need that priceless gift for years to come!!


1 comment:

  1. I am always amazed at those God moments! But why should I be? ....He's God after all. It strengthens my faith. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete