Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cancer.............

I am interrupting this next segment to inject this tiny worship moment....huge worship moment in reality, but only giving you a tiny taste until i reach that particular post in my catching up.....but....todays treatment, today, January 31,2019....ALL KINDS OF GOOD NEWS and its only the 2nd treatment!!! My God is faithful!! # God is in her, she will not fall!! Ok, moving on.....you’ll have to slobber in suspense till i get caught up, order folks, order!!! 😍 i’ll Just say this yet, there’s worship and praise goin in over here in the boonies tonight!!!!!!!!
So in processing all this never ending nightmare of info and decisions and life changing events i named “the girls” Betty and Blanche!! If you are familiar with the show “The Golden Girls” you know there are 4 older single gals involved in this show and you know the one Rose, is played by Betty White and another of them is Blanche. And these two ladies are polar opposites, Betty, i just love, and most days i wanna tuck her naive, ditsy, sweet, little old lady self under my arm pit and protect her from meanies and take advantagers, but in spite of all those things she really is stronger than she appears as she happily bops through life all happy go lucky without a care. The other one, Blanche, she’s a bit of a tornado, she’s rather prideful and outta control most days, she honestly feels she’s God’s gift to every man, of every age and is very free in saying so and can cause trouble fairly regularly, she wants everyone to believe she is as fierce as her snippiness and hairy toity self eludes to, but, in the end, she’s justly a regular old gal like the rest of her tribe. My problem “girl” is, obviously the latter of these two characters, the other bounces, literally, silently along, creating no drama, just being!! Blanche, however, i’ve Needed to remind her that she does not control her person, and her person, me, has.........guts, we’ll go with guts!! Ladies don’t ever let anyone tell you, you don’t have.....guts, you do, we just wear them on are our chests, and they are big, chesticles, if you will!!! 😜 anyway Miss Blanche is being served!! This person of hers is not going to give into this massive cancer war without a fight, it may be ugly and exhausting and albeit discouraging at times but I’m committed to the long haul!!!! Blanche, your going down!!!!!!
January 11, 2019 HAPPY 44TH BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!🎉🎂🍾 celebrating............... hmmmm not so much first thing, wasn’t allowed any food or drink after Midnight cause today was Medi Port surgery. Susan arrived to chauffeur me to my appointment and stay with me around 6:45 A.M. We got there, got registered, and were soon called back!! I’ve been dubbed “Nettie” by all my care team, a nickname of by gone days but finding it’s way back to me with all the love attached!!! I got Happy Birthdays all around at the hospital and even my own little personal sized cake from the nurses station!!








I was consciously sedated, so i was awake but couldn’t feel anything except some pressure and tugging here and there for the surgery, it was an awkward position to be put in for an hour and a half, flat on my back with my head turned as far right as possible, well, for a body built with a significant shelf out the backside, leaving one feeling a bit like a sway back mule when on her back it’s not very comfy, and i started to get a little twitchy till the end, but the nurse noticed and got permission for me to bring my legs up so that helped get me through till they were finished. They warned me the one med may make me look like i have a sunburn and can cause my head to itch like mad, sure enough soon after i was brought back to my recovery and discharge room it was like i had fleas in abundance, they soon gave me Benadryl to counter act it, that was a huge help except for the fact i fell asleep mid story when Susan was chatting to me on the way home! The staff there was fabulous!! One nurse came over and was chatting and wondering where i was from and in the end i found out she knows my mother in law and her sisters and their families used to get back and forth!! I came home to a beautiful bouquet from Susan delivered and shortly after another gorgeous one from my Montana bestie, then my cousin Jen and her girls popped in with freezer meals and a giant basket of sunshine!! Susan wrapped me in all kinds of snuggly comfys and an absolutely delightful melt in your mouth white chocolate raspebrry cream cake, it was a fabulous addition to our wonderful dinner out at AKI given by Glen to me and the kids in honor of my birthday and before LaRonda leaves for home the next day. Glen also got me a beautiful red and copper much needed kettle set. LaRonda gave me adorable pair of Dachund slippers and a soft as clouds beanie!! So all in all in spite of the day starting out kinda eeewwww it ended with another thing done to move forward to the end of this mess and a beautiful eve spent with family!! 
 
Seriously, are these not the happiest, cutest feet??!! You can’t get down looking at these, cause when your chin sinks, you catch a glimpse of these guys and your all smiles again!! 
January 12, 2019 today was a laid back day. My dear brother Mar and family treated us with lunch delivered and a nice time of catching up and hanging out, their little miss Bella is the perfect therapy and medicine for me, so absolutely precious!!! later in the evening my nephew Brad and his little family came by for a visit and some love and snuggles with beautiful lil miss Evalena, it was the perfect antidote for cheer and so very special.



January 13, 2019 today 12 years ago, exactly 3 months after our Devin passed, Glen lost his mama, Grace, unexpectedly, the family was reeling, Heaven was celebrating, today, 5 years ago, as her children and their spouse and a few grandkids, me included gathered around her bedside and talked and sang, my dear grandma Halteman ran to meet grandpa and Jesus.....today, was a lazy no church because of nasty weather, this evening we headed over to Rodney’s where the rest of the tribe was gathering for a birthday party in my honor. Seriously people, if you are ever handed a tribe of pure gold, DO NOT EVER let them go!!!!! It is beyond beautiful and precious and so very powerful to have dedicated humans in your life that constantly have your back and cheer you on unconditionally!!! Earlier i felt like i was snappy and slightly miserable to my family so the evening was a bit teary and pouring out my thoughts of the mountain ahead and the feeling tired before i get started.....these soul sisters of mine, speak life and truth back to me, no judgment, no conditions, just open  hearts and ears and love!!! Till the evening was over i was back on track and ready to annialate Blanche and her cantankerous ways and fight like a girl, STRONG AND WITH A VENGEANCE, GOD IS IN HER, SHE WILL NOT FALL!!!! They showered me with all kinds birthday gifts of care for my every comfort, the fuzziest of socks and slippers and blankets and comforts for my mouth and mind and body and gorgeous art work, and little tokens to carry with me on hard days to remind me of hope and faith!! This tribe of mine....best gift eve, handpicked by God, for such a time as this, nd a hundred other times!! 
Well......I must get my weary med filled bones to bed, all this chemo and praise and worship is wearing me down....until next time....#GOD IS IN HER, SHE WILL NOT FALL

No comments:

Post a Comment