Monday, May 27, 2019

Celebrating Life's Many Moments

April 15-21, 2019 And, it's wedding week!!! And, birthday week for the bride!! Her mama and I got our nails done Tuesday morning than met up with the bride and groom and a few family and friends at Brussel's, a favorite French waffle and creperie bistro in downtown Chambersburg to celebrate the bride's 20th birthday. afterwards we went our various ways to continue on with wedding prep here and there.


Later on in the evening I picked up Laura and we went to Beth's where she so kindly provided a place and a delicious dinner for us while our 13 year old friend and henna artist worked her magic on my head for the wedding. I decided rather than spontaneously combusting from over heating with some kind of funky hat or scratchy over priced wig I'd just have her use her gift and apply a lacy veiled artwork to my bald pate stead of the glaring bald. She again did an amazing job, and it only took 4 hours :) but the time was well spent with my peeps and it was so worth it!! Laura gave me my own tiny pair of pink boxing gloves and words of encouragement to stay strong and fight on. Every word of encouragement is needed and very comforting and helpful, when one is fighting the cancer battle there is a lot of hidden aches and pains and side affects that those around can't see and the one going through it can't always explain, but, so often there is pain, not always intense, but, pain, at the for front of every waking moment, and the exhaustion is laying right there ready to pop up and do ya in.




The middle of the week Beth, Miranda, and Paula gave me a hand at starting to set up the rehearsal facility and last minute supply shopping for that. Am so grateful for dear neighbor and friend Wilma, for offering and allowing us to use their carriage house to host the rehearsal, it was the perfect place with everything right there that we needed. It's such a tremendous blessing to have dear friends on all fronts willing to step up help out and have ones back, a wedding is no small fete when healthy, but without willing hands it would have looked pretty mountainous really quickly. Dear Miranda delivered a fresh bouquet of gorgeous tulips to brighten my house and my spirits!!
Thursday April 18, 2019 Treatment #6 ooooo-OH we're halfway there, ooooo-OH livin on a prayer... today marks the halfway point of this treatment regimen, and dear Roseanna a longtime friend was my chauffer and sidekick for the day! We had a good day and even got to witness 2 fellow cancer ladies ring the bell and celebrate their last treatment day!!! was so encouraging to see them upright, mobile and still with fight left in them after going through a cancer nightmare!! It was just the medicine I needed to readjust my sails and determine to keep going!! I came home to a delicious pan of iced breakfast rolls waiting from a church friend Steph, pure comfort in every bite!!

And...…..the rest of the week was spent on rehearsal and wedding celebrations, it was a beautiful day with a beautiful wedding and marriage of two beautiful special people!!!! I was so relieved and grateful to come home from rehearsal to find my dishes done and kitchen cleaned up by dear friend Jo and friends Evelyn and Brenda, thanks, you gals, it was such a help and meant so much!! I kept myself moving and doing and going but till the wedding was over and the weekend was winding down I was beginning to flag a bit. after the wedding Glen's brother Dave and Anna Mae and Jo and Bob Beachy came and spent some time at the house, was good to catch up with both as we don't get to see either one very often with the miles between us. Anna Mae gifted me a beautiful plaque with the very encouraging verse of Proverbs 31:25 I love it and hung it where I can be reminded to keep on every day!!  

On Sunday Bob's came back to spend most of the day here and my sister Angie and her family did too. Bob and Jo and Glen and I took a drive up the mountain before lunch and the rest of the day we sat and relaxed, felt great to just be for awhile.

   


1 comment: