Thursday, May 30, 2019

Stranger Blessing

May 20, 2019 I took Em to work and while there did some much needed grocery shopping. while in the freezer/fridge section Ava was bouncing around trying to stay warm while also begging for whatever caught her fancy. I saw an older white ponytailed bearded man watching her and glancing at me off and on, so as I got closer I said, excuse us sir, then, sorry, as I pulled her outta the way of slamming into his cart. He said, no, ma'am, she's just fine, but, may I ask, are you in treatment? I said, yes, actually I am, to which he replied, can I please say something too you in my own language?? I was like, uuummmm sure!! so He proceeded to rattle off something which he then explained was a Cherokee Blessing, and said, it means, No matter how hard, God is going to get you all the way through this!! I LOVED THAT!!!! He said, I know nothing about this path your on is easy, and I said, no, your right it's not, and he replys, but thankfully we have a God, someone higher we can turn to! I said, Amen, that makes all the difference. we exchanged a few more brief words and I said, I take it your a bit familiar with this path and he said yes unfortunately, I didn't get any more details than that as what I suspect was his grown son walked up just then, but he turned back to me briefly and asked, can I please have your first name so I can remember you in my prayers?? I  gave it to him and thanked him for having the courage to reach out and bless me that it meant so much. I love God ordained meetings and moments like that, just when life feels beyond heavy, He gives us front and center signs of hope and encouragement!! I also got a lovely card and note from dear Lucy from church, she always has the loveliest words of encouragement, having been through this herself.
May 23, 2019 Today was My Beffy's turn to chauffer, we had a lovely time together and got lunch and did a few errands. we also met a lovely new gal there going through the same thing and her bouncy upbeat attitude and humor was so refreshing!! was so great to see someone else that was going through it fighting hard and not let it get the best of her!! My large digit on my left foot has been swollen heated and feels like it's been in a vice for days so I showed it to my nurse who said to another nurse come look and when they inspected it they saw a heart beat under the nail and said this needs attention so I was prescribed an antibiotic and sent to a podiatrist on my way home, who looked at it and said this needs to be opened and the nail removed and then numbed it and proceeded to hack off most of the nail, was absolutely not a fun experience but definitely made the pressure go away. I was told along with the antibiotic to soak in salt water and to put iodine on it.


Friday May 24, 2019 today my Paula took me to meet with the plastic surgeon about reconstruction when I have surgery in July. My hips and shin bones and knees have been quite painful and achy and that along with the rubbish toe made walking a bit weird and felt like I was lumbering along with a hitch in my giddy up but we got it done. wow, we always warn our daughters never to be sending anyone or even taking for that matter pics of themselves in their birthday suit never dreamt i'd have to have my own little photo shoot from the waist up for this whole procedure along with measurings and much talk of how all this will be and what size and how long the recovery and to shower or not to shower and the drain tube situation that goes along with it and on and on. it came away feeling in some ways a lot was cleared up and not quite as mountainous and other ways it all look's huge and long but we will get through it and don't have to dwell on it until the time arrives. When we left there we grabbed lunch did a bit of shopping then treated ourselves to smoothies begore heading home!!
GOD IS IN HER, SHE WILL NOT FALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment