Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Chemo # 8

So many storms blowing through here lately, so much rain!! I'm all about sitting on my front porch or patio and watching a spring storm send down some gentle showers and then the sun and the birds go crazy afterwards or take in a summer thunderstorm, but this continuing high wind and down pours every day can get a bit much, I feel a little needy of the sunshine's vitamin D and to much dreary and rainy sets in the blue mood fairly easily and quickly. But on the bright side, it looks like a jungly rain forest around here, I do love all the lush many shades of green!! And as in the storms we get faced with in life, they do pass, eventually and the sun returns again and makes us a bit more appreciative of it when it does!!
  May 1-8, 2019 Ahhhhh finally, it worked out on both our ends and my Susan was able to get away for a visit!! We had such a lovely time catching up and then going for lunch and a tour through Chambersburg through her old college day stomping grounds and then ice cream!! It was such an absolutely delightful much needed day together!!
May 2, 2019 Chemo Treatment #8 My Miranda was my chauffer today, we had a lovely time together for the circumstances. Before we went in, she wrapped her arms around me and prayed so beautifully, was wondering later if she could tell I was a bit edgy, I feel like this whole thing will go on forever, but, amazing how the love and prayers from a dear friend can bring peace and calm! later, She so kindly took a drive across the highway and grabbed lunch and brought it up to the infusion room for us to eat together, afterwards we did a little shopping before heading home. These treatment days sure go easier when accompanied by besties to pass time with!! My blood counts were a bit low, so that means running back twice a week for Nuepogen shots.

May 3, 2019 I started going back to work till lunch time several mornings a week, I am usually pretty much ready for a nap when I'm done even though the work isn't that hard, but want to give it a try, maybe the being around people doing something normal will help keep the moods a bit more upbeat and not make the weeks feel so long. After work this morning I went home and had some lunch and rested a bit then took myself to the cancer center for my Nuepogen injection, it's probably not a great idea for me to drive myself, I can tell my nerves and alertness are not what they should be and the fighting to stay awake while behind the wheel isn't fun. 
Monday the 6th was another injection day after work, am again so thankful for my besties that are close by and help out with all my crazy schedules, I took myself again for my injection while Laura saw that Em got to work and Ava had a place to stay till Glen got her on his way home from work!
Tuesday May 7 My Mary Ann found her way over the mountain and through the woods to my back patio for the day!! We started out with a run for groceries together to the local bent and dent then just soaked up the sunshine and catching up with each other, it was a fantabulous time as usual. Then Laura made an unexpectedly delightful stop by for a brief visit and to deliver some delicious pretzel sandwiches.
I was surprised with 2 gift deliveries this week also, a scentsy wiff box from my cousin Betsy which was an absolute delight, some of the products were totally new to me and it all smelled amazing, was so very special and thoughtful. And my dear friend Anna from church delivered some yummy smelling bath soak and chocolates, so perfectly comforting!!
  this week the side affects seemed extra rough, maybe it's because of low counts and not being able to fight it off quite as good cause the immune system is struggling to stay on top to I don't know, but, the neuropathy in my hands and feet were pretty intense and the oozing nails were extremely painful, didn't really want to do much for fear of bumping them no matter what I did. I also developed a weird skin twitchiness around my eye, it's like a nerve gone wild and is highly annoying to be constantly on the twitch along with a semi numb-ish face back by my ears and top lip and an unexpected crop of hair along my jawline and chin, like, what? did you not get the memo the rest of my hair all said goodbye, so why are you suddenly making an appearance where you aren't even supposed to be?? But.....then I remind myself, I still have so much to be thankful for despite these annoying pains and inconveniences, and, through all these treatments so far I've never had to miss one as of yet because of to low of counts or sickness, and, well, this to shall pass!!
         GOD IS IN HER, SHE WILL NOT FAIL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment