Friday, May 10, 2019

The Journey Continues.............

I was so beyond determined once I got caught up on this to not let it get behind!! well, treatments and sleep and wedding and sleep and sleep and sleep and did I mention sleep??!! every time I thought I may have a few moments to grab and so needed to write, I'd sit down and literally have no energy to lift the laptop to my lap let alone type and then the yawns would start and I'd find myself just giving into the curling up and sleeping, I couldn't get enough, so I shoved aside the need to write and gave into snoozing, plus my fingers hurt, they all felt like they were in a vice and the contents under pressure and a few were even oozing out liquids under the nails, not a pleasant feeling by any means!! and in the middle of all this there was a wedding celebration to prepare for and family from Montana arriving and life coming and going in a whirlwind. but I will attempt to catch up on all that's been going on since my last post, I just may have to do it in bits and pieces and between more zzzzzzzzzz's!!!!! still haven't quite caught up on them either, doesn't take much activity and only 1 late night or fresh batch of steroid induced wide awake-ness and the exhaustion hits and is a bugger at letting up!!
April 3, 2019 Glen, dear man, said, this year we are going to see the cherry blossoms in D.C. we talk about every year and we never do it so if your up to walking and taking our time today is the day!! this was huge, my hubby does not do traffic, cities or crowds!!! we got up super early and got the first train from Shady Grove, another newish experience, we did it one other time with knowledgeable friends, we made out pretty good on our own although to most around us I'm sure we screamed backwoods newbies, but, we didn't care, we were letting go and having a long over due fun day date together. it was a ton of walking, and a boatload of humans to navigate, most times we could have easily felt like we were the USA outsiders visiting China, there was a lot of Asians, but, Cherry Blossoms is their thing, so was kinda understandable. It was so fun to not have an agenda and just meander our way around the many blossoms and memorials and history of our nation. we ended the day with supper out and aching legs, but it was such a lovely day!!!





here's just a few of the many snapshots I took, I could have stayed and snapped all day, it was gorgeous, and to watch the sun come up and the world of beauty come alive with it was awesome!!April 4, 2019 Treatment #4 It's always a great day when I get to spend it with my brother Mar! He was my chauffer and company keeper and lunch date today, he arrived with my favorite Chai drink from sheetz for a great wake me upper and drive down. My exam was perfect!! My bloodwork was too!! Am so thankful for these miraculously good reports!!!
this week ended with Emily going with the youth to serve as cooks for the EBI bible school in Indiana, and the start of the brides Montana family and friends arriving to start the ending of all the fine tuning of wedding details and prep work. Ava also had a day out with dear friends and their kids/grandkids to see Disney on Ice. Amanda and Marge Jones, dear ladies, took the kids and made it memorable for them, Ava was so excited and animated over it all and couldn't get done talking about it and dancing her way through the house! thankyou again, Marge and Amanda for making a little girls day, or month, it was o sweet of you to include her and give her some fun, I feel sometimes through this whole cancer mess she gets pushed aside and I hate that, so this was so nice for her, and made mama feel like she was still having a bit of normal and fun amidst the chaos!!
my sister Angie and family and nephew Brad and his dear little daughter ended our Sunday with a visit. it was so special to have them come by, seems like forever since we had been with them so it was great to catch up again.
well I must end this and get some breakfast before work...…..to be continued in the next one......until then, blessings on you all.....GOD IS IN HER, SHE WILL NOT FALL!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment